lunedì, febbraio 14, 2005

Top 11 Breakup Songs Of All Time

let us commemorate valentine's day with a list of the top ten most powerful breakup songs of all time. please leave a comment if you think your song deserves to be in this list and do post a critique of why you think my selection is rubbish. here they are now in order of greatness;

1. Tracks Of My Tears - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
2. Without You - Mariah Carey (originally written by Badfinger!)
3. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
4. I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi
5. Every Breath You Take - Police
6. U Oughtta Know - Alanis Morissette
7. Don't Speak - No Doubt
8. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
9. Janji Tinggal Janji - KRU
10.Knowing Me, Knowing You - ABBA
11.Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler


happy valentine's for those who bother.

ciao.
________________________________________________________

Word Of The Wolf today is discursive \dis-KUR-siv\,

adjective:
1. Passing from one topic to another; ranging over a wide field; digressive; rambling.
2. Utilizing, marked by, or based on analytical reasoning -- contrasted with intuitive.

"When prompted on her plans for Valentine's, some might have said that her discursive manner of speech was mere bubbliness but others would contest it as a sign of insecurity."

_________________________________________________________
Discursive comes from Latin discurrere, "to run in different directions, to run about, to run to and fro," from dis-, "apart, in different directions" + currere, "to run."


15 Osservasioni:

Blogger suelynn couldn't refrain from sayin...

Questo commento è stato eliminato da un amministratore del blog.

lunedì, febbraio 14, 2005 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger suelynn couldn't refrain from sayin...

hmm.. when i got dumped, the song that was on repeat mode was Please remember by Leann Rimes.

Oh, and yes I remember dying.. that goes without saying...

lunedì, febbraio 14, 2005 2:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

hahaha now i remember my breakup songs.. No.1 is Don't Treat Me Like A Fool by Blue,No.2 is Soon by Leann Rimes,No.3 is Are You Happy Now by Michelle Branch and last by not least No.4 the most most powerful breakup song is F.U.R.B by Frankee...i actually compile all this songs and send to my ex....(",)
~Michelle~

lunedì, febbraio 14, 2005 5:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

Nils Lofgren - Black Books is the ultimate breakup song.

Plus I think Gloria Gaynor's version is overrated and that Cake's version keeps all of us in check (though also ironically I feel that is also somewhat overrated).

Plus don't forget Frank's version of What Now My Love?

CWJ

lunedì, febbraio 14, 2005 11:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

'push' by matchbox 20 wins hands down.. and yah, just to add in, 'superman' by eminem is the best song to diss the girl that just ditched you..

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Carmen couldn't refrain from sayin...

top break up songs that first came to my head when i read this entry...

Nobody Knows by Tony Rich Project
Have you ever by Brandy
Unbreak my heart- Toni Braxton

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger michaelcsm couldn't refrain from sayin...

i'm not sure if this deserves to be on ur list dude. but it sure's hell makes me feel better sometimes - go download n have a listen - the mood damn like a bunch of guys with a guitar and beer just strumming and dissing the chick.

Lyrics:
I tried so hard just to get through to you
But your head's so far
from the realness of truth
Was it just a come on in the dark
Wasn't meant to last long
I think you've worn your welcome honey
I'll just see you along as I sing you this song

Time can pass slowly,
things always change
You day's been numbered
And I've read your last page
You was just a temporary lover
Honey you ain't the first
Lots of others came before you woman
Said but you been the worst
Sa' you been the worst

So goodbye to you girl
So long, farewell
I can't hear you cryin'
Your jivin's been hell
So look for me walkin'
Down your street at night
I'll be in with another
Deep down inside
DEEP DOWN INSIDE

later.

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 2:01:00 AM  
Blogger suelynn couldn't refrain from sayin...

My 'bloody' Immortal - Evanesence

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 3:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

"Don't Get Around Much Anymore" by Duke Ellington - acknowledges your misery but cheers you up at the same time.

"She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd - funny.

"Used To Love Her, But I Had To Kill Her" by Guns N Roses - morbidly humourous but NOT something you want to bring up on a first date.

Faisal

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 4:53:00 AM  
Blogger ~ w i n t e r ~ couldn't refrain from sayin...

*Hmmm* my top breakup songs wld deffie be...

Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows; Boyz to Men - On Bended Knee; Frankee - F.U.R.B; Lindsay Lohan - Something I Never Hadsomeone burned these songs onto a cd (among others) for me when i decided to be a b*tch for the first time...

Backstreet Boys - Back To Your Heart; Greenday - Time of Your LifeAND the song currently playing... (me being a b*tch again)...

David Grey - It's Not Easy To Be Me!!!HaPPy VaLEnTinE's DaY!!!btw zee, alrights for me to link to ur blog?

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 6:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

continuing fr our lil 'discussion' bk at my ever-so-public chatterbox-

it was quite recent la.. bout a month and a half ago vs. 3yrs, so..
yea stil 'recovering'. hence, the song. oh, and Walk On by U2 (prolly more of a 'get bk on ur feet, look straight ahead & walk agn' song)

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

more like a one-sided conversation but.. ahhaah
my goSh, im flooding ur comment pg with nonsense !!

cheers mate =)
always felt comfy opening up to you

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown couldn't refrain from sayin...

will the three authors CWJ and also he/she who mentioned Eminem - Superman and he/she who said U2 - Walk On.. please identify yourselves so we can discuss further.

martedì, febbraio 15, 2005 12:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

hey.... greatest break up song... does dat include chinese song ???? if so i would suggest 1. fen shou kuai le-(break up n be happy bout it by gigi leung i think... forgot who sang it) 2. sat luin wong (break up king by jordan chan. one of my fren listen 2 it repeatedly when he broke n makes me hate dat song.)

martedì, febbraio 22, 2005 5:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my bahamian music ferguson lyrics site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

domenica, luglio 23, 2006 11:01:00 PM  

Posta un commento

<< Den Proper