martedì, agosto 02, 2005

Top 10 Films Of All Time

for bob, carmen, stef and the rest of you lot who agree.

1. Titanic
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! leo dicrapio was so talented here and kate winslet was simply adorable. when i watched this, i cried like a beaten whore because this film provoked sentiments that the human heart can't bear. i mean, isn't it just so heroic to profess your undyin love to the woman of your life when you're floatin on a plank with minutes to live, frozen bollocks and all? nevermind he only met the tart (i mean girl) for a few days, his conviction and devotion was simply colossal. i'm also very impressed by the astoundingly clever and original dialogue in this film with such classic lines like the airline stewardess instruction"you jump, i jump" and the unbelievably subtle "i want you to paint me wearin this. wearin only this". there is no doubt in my mind that titanic is the greatest film ever, displacin gone with the wind as the one true romance epic for the ages. who cares if this the film is entirely fiction?




2. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! david wrote a review criticisin this film here, but i just don't understand him. this movie is simply amazin and the plot was so utterly unpredictable and heart-stoppingly excitin i had to check myself for bruises after the film. i was totally like, on like, the edge of my seat i swear, i totally had, like NO CLUE they would like, fall in love after all you know, i mean like, totally NO CLUE okaaayy, totally. kate hudson is such an embarassment of talent really and i can't understand why david said she's a dog. carmen has insisted that this film is not her favourite. i can only wonder which blindin classic took the honours instead?




3. A Walk To Remember
oh my gawddd so schweeeeet! i'm so ashamed of myself that i can't remember anythin about this movie at all. i can't remember the story, the actress, nothin at all. mandy whore, was it? whatsherface mandy sore? mandy raw? o please forgive me, i do know it's a great film because all my friends say so (like duh), it's just that i can't remember anythin about it. hmmm, strange.




4. Maid In Manhattan
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! at first i thought j.lo would never be accepted by the rich guy since he thought she was a rich girl and not a maid. i mean i had no idea okaaayy. and then in the end finally he accepts her EVEN THOUGH she's just a maid. wow love does conquer all! my faith in true love is restored forever more by the powerful message in this film. i'm sooooo touched there are tears comin outta my ears. also, there's that fuzzy warm feelin... in my anus.




5. Crossroads
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! how anyone can have nasty things to say about britney spears is beyond me. she's cute, immensely talented and she's EVEN a nice person. is there anythin she can't do? she even said she was a virgin for a long time okaayy. and then in the movie, she sang "i'm not a girl, not yet a woman" which must be the most original and inspirin songs in the world next to celine dion's "my heart will go on".




6. Along Came Polly
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! again this is one of the only films in the world with a twist to the ending and the pair of lovers actually end up together after all! i mean, who would've thought so? and can i just say that jennifer aniston is one of the best actresses in the world, alongside the immortal talents of audrey hepburn, maggie smith and ingrid bergman. her versatility as a performer is simply amazin. if you don't believe me you can just watch her character on friends, or her character in bruce almighty or her character in rock star. she has played such a range of roles in these three films -a likeable cute blonde, a likeable cute blonde, a likeable cute blonde and in along came polly she even plays (wait for it) ... the role of a likeable cute blonde! why aniston has never won an oscar yet for any of her performances is truly a mind-bogglin mystery that befuddles the human mind no end.




7. Bridget Jones's Diary
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! candy-crazy, saccharine, syrupy, sugar-coated, MTV soda pop bubblegum youth would love this! did i mention candy-crazy, saccharine, syrupy, sugar-coated MTV soda pop bubblegum youth?




8. She's All That
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! this film should really be a documentary actually because it's such a true-to-life portrayal of schoolin days. guy takes a bet that he can get girl, gets her, she finds out, she loves him still -how can anybody deny the sheer cuttin-edge pioneer work done here? i mean this is groundbreakin, man-on-the-moon, first-of-it's-kind stuff! i demand a place for it's director in the hall of fame alongside tarantino, bergman, kurosawa and hitchcock. it's just so sad that hollywood these days overlooks masterpieces like this in favour of pretentious arthouse productions.




9. Just Married
oh my gawddd so schweeeeett! ashton kutscher and britanny murphy display an unforgettable chemistry here and it must rank alongside rhett butler and vivien leigh as the best screen couple of all time! or maybe popeye and olive oil. watch in awe as the duo overcome all obstacles in the name of love!




10. Freaky Friday
oh my gawdddd so schweeeeett! well not really but don't you think it was soooo funny? it was excruciatin ticklin for 90plus minutes for me because it was hilarious to see lindsay lohan stuck in the body of her mom. but the REAL point of the movie is actually its utterly impactful take on everyday life. i mean, this is really important stuff you gotta think about you know -what if one day you woke up and got stuck in another person's body? a truly introspective character study of human frailty which deserves more plaudits than it's afforded. after watchin this film, you're bound to be more self-aware of the things you take for granted in life, like the ability to remain in your body and not get it switched between you and your mom.


so go out there and buy these timeless classics. lord knows how they will enrich our lives for centuries to come. yes that's right, think not for yourself but also for your children... and your children's children... for these films are the epitome and embodiment of human culture and progress. go on, you know you wanna...

p/s i've only watched one or two of these films. sorry i lied.

_________________________________________________________

Word Of The Wolf today is woebegone \WOE-bee-gon\,

adjective:
1. Beset or overwhelmed with woe; immersed in grief or sorrow; woeful.
2. Being in a sorry condition; dismal-looking; dilapidated; run-down.

"And who shall stop to shed a tear for the woebegone wolf when he is well and truly gone? It is to be expected. Therefore, to be prepared for."

________________________________________________________
Woebegone is from Middle English wo begon, from wo (from Old English wa, used to express grief) + begon, past participle of begon, "to go about, to beset," from Old English began, bigan, from bi-, "around, about"+ gan, "to go."


6 Osservasioni:

Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg couldn't refrain from sayin...

BWAH!

Despite the shame of having recently written on the topic of this type of movie your post still made me laugh.

Titanic - I sadly have caught clips on TV. Have tried to avoid it though.

How to lose a guy... - oh dear, I did actually pay money to see this. Gratuitous changing of shirt scene for McConaughey about half way through the movie.

A Walk to Remember - are you sure you didn't make this one up?

Maid in Manhattan - oh dear, I paid to see this as well.

Crossroads - not the dodgy tv series? that's a no then...

Along came Polly - gross-out comedy as rom-com. Shudder. Not sure how much worse it can get.

Bridget Jones' Diary - and then there this appears just to prove that there are worse things...

She's all that - Husband of Smudge cannot act.

Just married - Ashton Kutcher: and the point of him is? (Apart from providing a great gag in "House" [scroll to ep. 8])

Freaky Friday - Jodie Foster was in the original Disney version. Why did we need this one?

Now can you get back to recommending the really good films that you do actually like? (I'm going to watch The Virgin Spring on your recommendation - the others so far have already been firm favs and recommendations of my own).

Cheers
Rullsenberg

martedì, agosto 02, 2005 4:44:00 PM  
Blogger *Dream Weaver* couldn't refrain from sayin...

Oh Mah Gawddd... so schweeeet!!! *clap hands in glee*

1. Titanic ~ I lurveeeeddd it... so schweeettt... I couldn't watch it till the end cos I was crying buckets before the movie ended... and the whole self-sacricing thingy (You jump, I jump)just takes my breath away. I mean show me a man these days who would say that (who is not a suicidal maniac) and I will show you a man with 7 testicles. So lurvvvee this movie... 3 worthwhile hours of movie watching.

2. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days ~ I lurvvveedd the "love plant" idea... so story of my life... made me cringe in my shoes when I realized in horror that I was like that *gasp* (dramatic faint). Such a lovely love story. So sweett...

3. A Walk To Remember ~ I Lurvveeed the movie as much as I loved the book though I think the book was much better. Mandy Moore is sooooo talented... I wish I could sing and act as well *gush* I think I am going to buy the ori DVD and put it beside my collection of Mandy Moore CD's.

4. Maid In Manhattan ~ I lurvvveeed it... the whole fairy-tale-happy-ending-story... *gush* I lurveeee it. I wish I was a maid in a fancy hotel tooo... I want to be J.Lo. She is sooooo talented... she can shake her booty like no one else (except beyonce), act soooo well and sing so exceptionally wonderfullll... I lurveee J.Lo.

5. Crossroads ~ GAH... I lurvvveeee Britney... she is so cute and spunky and sexy. I lurvvveeee her... So the story of my lifelah "Crossroads"... I lurvvee the show and I lurvvveeee Britney - enough said.

(PAUSE)

GAWD! I can't do this anymore. How did you manage to write all 10 raving romantic super schweeeettt reviews? *hormat*

Sure I admit *sheepish* that I have watched ALL of the 10 said films... but I did like "A Walk To Remember". It wasn't "that bad" and don't mess with Bridget Jones Diary (I feel super sensitive for obvious reasons!).

I Lurrvvveee this entry though... and one I can finally understand and enjoy... (twirls hair)

giovedì, agosto 04, 2005 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Maggie couldn't refrain from sayin...

I have to confess that when it first came out, I went to see the piece of crap that is Titanic five times. Probably just 13-year-old *sob* *gasp* *gush* hormones, since I can't even stand to sit through half of it now. ;)

venerdì, agosto 05, 2005 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés couldn't refrain from sayin...

Questo commento è stato eliminato da un amministratore del blog.

lunedì, novembre 07, 2005 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés couldn't refrain from sayin...

Questo commento è stato eliminato da un amministratore del blog.

giovedì, dicembre 08, 2005 10:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo couldn't refrain from sayin...

oh my gawddd so schweeeeett of you.. Unbelievable yet true..I never realised that you are into this type of movies..I think I never care enough to notice or know you better...haha anyway *sob sob* for Titanic...

Anyway was great to see you. hope to catch up again...take care

giovedì, novembre 22, 2007 9:34:00 AM  

Posta un commento

<< Den Proper